Thursday, June 13, 2013

5 more days!

So I know that I should be posting the "get to know me" posts and all of that official blogger stuff BUT its not in me right now. I promise I will soon!

Right now all I can think is OH MY GOSH!!! 5 more days or work left until summer break!!!!!
I am beyond excited right? WRONG!

This sounds so completely selfish and horrible but work is my ME time. It is a time that I get to be myself, do what I love which is teaching and be out of the house.  There are no crying (screaming) babies, no diapers, no guilty feelings that i should be doing this and that and cleaning and going and going and going.... The end to work means the end to MY world.  

MY eight hours that are all mine with no me plus three or four.  My brain is working on math, language arts, organization, behavior management, life skills and basically helping shape future these other human beings that are not mine. Oh and then there are those moments that I don't get at home those quiet moments when it is just me a pen and papers to grade. SILENCE! oh how I will miss those moments. Also my students can verbally express their appreciation. They say "Mrs. P we love you!" or "Thanks Mrs. P" or "You're the best" etc. There is none of that at home.

I am excited to spend 2 plus months with MY babies the little people I have created OF COURSE!  But i have to admit I am nervous about this summer because overall I feel like I am going to be more overwhelmed with trying to keep up with 3 toddlers than trying to keep up with 90+ high school students. So as my count down to the end of work continues my anxiety builds! What the heck am I going to do all summer! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment